Monday 6 July 2009

The cake is not a lie!

If you don't know what I'm talking about then don't worry your pretty little heads about it and just enjoy the visual and maybe try out the recipe for yourselves, as for the rest of you... I'll deal with you later!

I mentioned to my friend Neek that i have an abundance of oranges and lemons and she linked to a recipe found on this blog. I made it today and it is the easiest recipe to follow and the product is quite easy in the palette (probably not on the hips though LOL)

0274OrangeMuffins

Here's the recipe and trust me you'll be eating it within the hour!

Orange(or lemon) Poppy-seed Muffins

1.5 cups self raising flour

1 orange (or lemon but I haven't tried it with a lemon yet)

180g melted butter

1 cup sugar

3 eggs

Poppyseeds to taste (i put in about 1/3 cup the recipe says about one tblspn)

Process all in a food processor till it comes together and all the orange or lemon is finely processed. Bake in for about 15-20 minutes or until knife comes out clean and enjoy!


Oh and now that i'm back from Canberra i'd like to share

5 Things i'm thankful for

while i was there:

1. An uneventful flight.

2. My sister spoiling me with leaf tea at her house

3. Seeing all the family and friends at the party (photos to come)

4. That the weather had warmed up from the week before so i wasn't so cold.

5. Talking to my babies and Lalo everyday and knowing they were fine.

Now that i'm back:

1. Hugs from my babies and Lalo right off the plane

2. Finding the house in order and dinner cooked.

3. Getting my computer back.

4. Lily walking so well all around the place (too cute!).

5. Ali keeping her baby in while i was away...(You can have it any time now LOL!)

Now i must go and have some tea and a muffin...

6 comments:

  1. I wasn't aware u can get SR butter :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad the recipe is a hit for you all..... .love your icing! Looks nicer than my orange icing I use.

    I can totally say the lemon version is just as yummy!!

    A word of warning - take the little fruit labels off them before processing them - that is if you use bought ones (as I have to with Oranges!)...... made that mistake..... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pily- I've amended it thanks!

    Neek- that is so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carol they look delicious, almost good enough to eat from the screen. We have been in cupcake mode in this house lately too. Glad you had a great time in Canberra and arrived home to a huge welcome from your family and your house in order.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry I didn't realise that you had updated this :( I thought you were only talking about the photo blog! Thanks for naming this so fantastically, and I will have to keep this recipe in mind for next time I feel like cakie goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  6. *ok giggling here at Neeks comment* LOL
    Carol love you've made me hungry looking at these, it must be time for morning tea.... :) :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my ramblings =)